Help Needed at the Foodbank
In this challenging time, there are many different struggles people are facing. One of the most prominent, is difficulty in being able to buy food. Many in our local community are being impacted by increased job insecurity alongside the lack of food on supermarket shelves. Consequently, the use of our local Foodbank has seen a 35% increase in the past week. Unfortunately, this has coincided with a decrease in volunteers and donations. Whilst the challenges are great, we have seen some wonderful encouragements too. In particular, God’s financial provision through a large donation from Yate council, our wonderful volunteers (some new), who are going above and beyond to keep Yate Foodbank open and the help and support of CtR Trustees and Leadership Team.
Below is some information on how you can support the Foodbank- both practically as well as through prayer.
All donations will be welcome during opening hours (Tuesday afternoons 2- 4 and Friday mornings 10-12). Additionally, you can donate at Waitrose Supermarket in Chipping Sodbury and Iceland Store in Yate during opening hours.
NAPPIES (SIZES 5, 5+, 6)
LONG LIFE UHT MILK
WASHING UP LIQUID
Volunteer during opening times
Come along and help at the Foodbank during opening times: Tuesday afternoons 1.30-4.15 and Friday mornings 9.30-12.15.
Volunteers to help with packing parcels, processing donations and stocking shelves at ‘The Candle.’ Mon-Thurs 9am - 12.
Pick up food from collection points at Waitrose in Chipping Sodbury and Iceland Store in Yate (various times during opening hours).
Help needed sorting food and stacking shelves in the North Bristol Warehouse in Southmead. Various times across the week.
For those wanting to help but are self-isolating to write cards & notes with an encouraging message for clients (to put in with their parcel).
If you would like to send a financial donation by cheque payable to Christ the Rock Christian Fellowship and send to 88 Station Road, Yate, BS37 4PH or by BACS transfer to Lloyds Bank, Sort Code: 30-84-20, Account Number: 33836968. Please reference BACS transfer ‘FOODBANK’.
In addition to the above, we would really appreciate prayer for...
- The volunteers unable to help due to the current restrictions; protection over their health and well-being; they are very disappointed and frustrated at not being able to help when we are so busy.
- The volunteers from Foodbank and the wider community; protection over their health and that of their families.
- Clients that are coming in; that in the brief time we have with them that they may still feel loved and valued
- More volunteers!
- Links with Wholesalers in order is to purchase food
- For Gods strength, wisdom and discernment for North Bristol staff and volunteers making sometimes difficult and important decisions
If you are able to help in any of the above ways, then please contact Elaine by email firstname.lastname@example.org with availability.
The Foodbank team.